Everyone wants to possess smoother, firmer, and unwrinkled skin. People try out diverse treatment methods and therapies to have that beautiful and toned skin, but only some of them may produce the desired result. Unlike all those therapies, there’s one of the most admired therapies, which is widely known as micro-needling. This procedure is also referred to as derma-rolling or collagen induction therapy.
Microneedling is the process of piercing the skin using several tiny needles. It is mainly done to develop new collagen and skin tissues to provide a smoother, unwrinkled, and more toned skin. The procedure involves creating a lot of tiny injuries to the skin, which results in the generation of new collagen.
While the puncturing damages the cells of the skin, and the healing process involves the production of collagen and elastin, which jointly work to make skin look smoother and brighter than earlier. This process assures that the beauty products get captivated quickly and deeply into the skin. It happens due to the formation of microchannels in the skin, which drastically increases collagen and elastin production in the body.
Is It Safe or Not?
It sounds pretty legitimate that before trying any of the skincare regimens, you must be aware of its benefits and the repercussions. Many studies have been conducted regarding the safety issues of the microneedling process. Many of them had witnessed that the procedure of the conduction and the results are very safe and efficient. One study concluded that this process aids in the improvement of the overall texture and quality of the skin tone by adding brightness. Hardly few side effects were noticed; they were treated without any trouble.
Another study found that when the process of microneedling was done over time, let’s say a month, and the skin started to appear younger and brighter than earlier. The evidence presented by the scientist has shown that this process is far safer than other treatment option available on the market, like lasers, which involves downtime.
Side effects of microneedling
Unlike other treatments and therapies, microneedling also comes up with some possible adverse effects. It comprises of the risk like minor irritations in the skin after being followed by the procedure. Some redness may also appear on the skin for a few days. Some other effects involve bleeding, bruising, infection and peeling.
You may not be an ideal person for the procedure of microneedling if you are dealing with:
- Being pregnant
- Specific skin diseases like eczema or psoriasis
- Open wounds or injuries
- Earlier skin scars
- Having radiation therapy in recent
Best ways to try microneedling
If you have concluded trying the procedure of microneedling, then let’s have a look at some of the ways you might end up trying.
- Always consult your dermatologist before adopting a skincare regimen.
- Start cleaning your roller after each use, either with any alcohol-based sanitizer or alcohol.
- Start by applying mild pressure on your skin to avoid the issues of irritation and stop immediately when it starts to get hurt.
- Always apply skincare products like serums, creams, or treatment oils after the procedure of microneedling.
- Make sure that the needles you are trying aren’t too long. You can look for the best microneedling pen on reddit to ensure that the process goes smoothly.
- Always try to remove your needles most often when they are dull because they won’t perform efficiently, resulting in ineffective results.
- Avoid using cosmetic products and cleansing, toning, moisturizing, etc., in the morning and night. It should be kept to be very minimum.
- Use hyaluronic acid after the procedure to stimulate the production of the collagen level.