Most images appearing on sitchnews.com.com are submitted by our users who are prohibited from uploading images unless they are the lawful copyright owner. Other images may be obtained from third-party sources only when doing so constitutes fair use under Section 107 of the U.S. Copyright Act;17 U.S.C. § 107. As such, The MPS Entertainment’s use of images is generally protected under the safe-harbor provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. § 512(c).
If you are a copyright owner and you believe the use of your images on this site is infringing in any way, please contact us immediately. We will promptly comply with any takedown demand as long as the demand meets the requirements of the DMCA.
At a minimum, any removal request is required to include at least the following things:
(1) Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
(2) A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
(3) The exact URL or web address where the alleged infringing material is located (NOTE: a description such as “the 3rd image on page 4” is NOT sufficient because we add new content all the time and images may shift location. Also, a description such as “that picture of me” is unacceptable because we do not know who you are. You must therefore provide the exact URL of the image at issue. You can get the URL by clicking on the title of the post and then looking at the address bar on the top of that page. Failure to do so may result in your request being delayed or rejected).
(4) A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use has not been authorized by you, your agent, or the law;
(5) Your electronic or physical signature or the electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on your behalf; and
(6) A statement by you made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate, that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Please email your DMCA removal request to:LEGAL@SITCHNEWS.COM. Please be patient, your requests may take up to 72 hours to process.
NOTE: If you submit a removal request and you are NOT the copyright owner, or if you make any false statement in your demand (including a statement that our use of images is infringing when the use is clearly fair), you should be aware that the law imposes substantial liability for any damages and any attorney’s fees incurred as a result; 17 U.S.C. §512(f).
If you are interested in more information about the safe harbor and takedown provisions of the DMCA, please check out the Wikipedia page on the topic [HERE].