Just When You Thought Things Couldn't Get Worse, Now Teenagers are Drinking Hand Sanitizer
The youth of today really troubles me.
Just to name a few recent examples...the disturbing amount of kids who had no idea that the Titanic sinking was a real event
is a clear indication that our education system is extremely flawed. Second, the fact that FIFTH GRADERS tried to poison their teacher
. Third, Courtney Stodden
Now, yet another example of mentally deficient youth stems from a disturbing report that six teenagers in San Fernando Valley, CA wound up in the emergency room in the past few months from alcohol poisoning which was a result of drinking hand sanitizer. Yes, HAND SANITIZER!
Public health officials believe these cases may be signaling a dangerous trend. The teenagers apparently used salt to separate the alcohol from the sanitizer, which produced a potent drink that is along the lines of a shot of hard liquor.
According to the director of the toxicology bureau for the county public health department, Cyrus Rangan...
"All it takes is just a few swallows and you have a drunk teenager, there is no question that it is dangerous."
Although there have been only a handful of cases, Rangan said the practice could easily become a larger problem. Bottles of hand sanitizer are inexpensive and accessible, and teenagers can find distillation instructions on the Internet.
Seriously, whatever "practice" comes next won't surprise me. This is so sad that this is the day and age we are living in. I really pray the Mayans aren't right about the impending apocalypse but it seems like every day something in the news points to the direction of doomsday.
via LA Times