As you know, I am not a fan of going to the gym (especially on a Friday) so I love finding Sara Fit
videos that I can do right at home.
Posted above is the new Sara Fit workout video. It is a great cardio interval workout.
- Interval workouts force your body to tap into fat stores more than steady state cardio helping aid weight loss.
- It will help you improve your 5K, 10K or half marathon time.
- Intervals beat boredom! If you get cardio ADD, try interval workouts.
How To Do It:
- Warm up for 5 minutes
- 10-sec SPRINT
- 20-sec STEADY
- 30-sec SLOW JOG
- Repeat the 10:20:30 interval 5 times total then WALK for 2 minutes
- Repeat this 7 minute circuit 3-5 times total for a 26-40 minute workout
I create the interval using RunKeeper on my iPhone, but you can also count in your head, look at your stop watch or use a Gymboss. If you use the Gymboss, I would suggest setting your timer for two 30 second intervals and just try to remember to sprint for the first 10 and then cruise into a fast paced jog for the first 30-second interval.
via Sara Fit