Meanwhile, in India... Anil Barela, 12, swallowed a live fish and it got stuck in his lung.
Barela inhaled the fish, which was described as about 3.5 inches long and "scaly," as part of a prank while standing beside a river in his home state of Madya Prades. But OOPS. The fish took a wrong turn and instead taking a leisurely swim directly to his stomach, it got caught in his lung.
After Barela's oxygen levels took a plunge, he began struggling for breath and went to medics for relief. Doctors performed a 45-minute surgery so the kid could breathe easily again.
Dr. Pramod Jhawar, a chest specialist and bronchoscope expert said that it was the first case of its kind he had come across in 20 years, and that the fish put up a great fight. “The fish was live and taking its last breath when the bronchoscopy was done, restricting the functioning of both the lungs resulting in low intake of oxygen,” Jhawar said.
Cray cray. I feel bad for the fish.
via Huffington Post